RCCI's Prime Focus:
The Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (RCCI) has directed its efforts towards supporting artisans-based household units and micro-enterprises that are generally not registered with the District Industry Centre or other government agencies. In pursuit of this goal, RCCI has identified several clusters where these enterprises are concentrated. These clusters include Shivdaspura, Padampura, Chandlai, Barkheda, Muhana, Jahota, Sanganer, Siwad, Ansari Mohalla, and Mahua, all located in various districts such as Jaipur, Sawaimadhopur, and Dausa.
A total of 295 individuals have directly benefited from RCCI's initiatives in these clusters.
A. Capacity Building Programmes:
RCCI has organized capacity building programs targeting micro and small enterprises (MSEs) and business development service providers (BDSPs). These programs have yielded several positive outcomes, including:
- Marketing Empowerment of MSEs: Through the capacity building programs, MSEs have gained valuable knowledge and skills in marketing their products effectively.
- Networking with Government Agencies: RCCI has facilitated networking opportunities for MSEs with relevant government agencies such as the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), NABARD, local banks, designers, and exporters. This has opened avenues for collaboration and support.
- Registration with D.C. (Handicrafts): MSEs have been assisted in the process of registering with the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), enabling them to access various benefits and opportunities.
- Access to Trade Fairs: Through RCCI's initiatives, MSEs have gained free access to participate in trade fairs sponsored by the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), enabling them to showcase their products to a wider audience.
- Availability of Credit Cards: RCCI has facilitated the provision of credit cards to MSEs, enhancing their financial capabilities and access to funds.
- Enhancement of Business Capacities: The capacity building programs have contributed to improving the overall business capacities of MSEs, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge to thrive in competitive markets.
- Exposure to Competitive Environments: MSEs have been exposed to competitive environments, fostering their adaptability and resilience in the face of market challenges.
- Sharpening of Entrepreneurial Skills: Through the capacity building initiatives, MSEs have honed their entrepreneurial skills, enabling them to navigate business operations effectively.
B. Collaboration for Sustainable Practices:
RCCI, in collaboration with other agencies, has organized capacity building programs focused on promoting the use of vegetable dyes. This initiative aims to reduce pollution caused by conventional dyeing methods and make dyed garments and cloth more acceptable for exports to the USA and European countries.
Through these interventions, RCCI is actively supporting the growth and development of artisans and micro-enterprises, fostering sustainable practices, and facilitating their integration into domestic and international markets.